Murray, population 463, is located on Nebraska Highway 1 about 25 miles south of Omaha. In the spring of 1872 a young bachelor, Joe Burton, occupied the only dwelling in the area. This was a one-room cabin in a grove of trees four miles west and one mile south of “Rock Bluffs,” a flourishing steamboat town along the Missouri River. It was not until September 22, 1884, that a post office was established in the blacksmith shop of William Loughridge. The village was named “Murray” in honor of Reverend George Reed Murray, the first resident pastor of the church. Today Murray enjoys its small-town identity but also a “metropolitan” appearance. Beaver Lake is a sizable housing development east of town along the Missouri River. Highway 73 & 75 corridor north of Murray links Murray ever-closer to Bellevue and Omaha.