http://www.murraynebraska.com

Murray, population 463, is located on Nebraska Highway 1 about 25 miles south of Omaha. In the spring of 1872 a young bachelor, Joe Burton, occupied the only dwelling in the area. This was a one-room cabin in a grove of trees four miles west and one mile south of “Rock Bluffs,” a flourishing steamboat town along the Missouri River.  It was not until September 22, 1884, that a post office was established in the blacksmith shop of William Loughridge. The village was named “Murray” in honor of Reverend George Reed Murray, the first resident pastor of the church. Today Murray enjoys its small-town identity but also a “metropolitan” appearance. Beaver Lake is a sizable housing development east of town along the Missouri River. Highway 73 & 75 corridor north of Murray links Murray ever-closer to Bellevue and Omaha.

Showing 1 - 6 of 6
Categories
moreless
Dr. Tyson Park
200 West Young Street, Murray, Nebraska 68409
Murray Christian Church
305 N How Ave, Murray, Nebraska 68409
Murray Fire Station
818 E Main St, Murray, Nebraska 68409
Murray Presbyterian Church
105 W Main St, Murray, Nebraska 68409
The Crows Nest
104 E. Main Street, Murray, Nebraska 68409
Young Memorial Park
NE Highway 1 and Rieke Avenue, Murray, Nebraska 68409