A lot of living had occurred in this area before the town of Murdock was founded. Both the Ox-Bow Trail and the Mullen Ranch had come and gone. Farms were acquired either through homesteading or purchase from the railroad. Interestingly, 91% of the land in the 43 sections in this area is owned by families who have been here over 100 years. When the Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific Railroad built a line from Omaha to Colorado in December 1890, and needed a “water station” at this location, so our town was born. Murdock’s population has remained a stable 200-250 throughout the years. Life centers around the agricultural interests with its co-op elevator, seed farm, bank, and good array of shops and businesses.
220 Kansas St, Murdock, Nebraska 68407
317 4th Street, Murdock, Nebraska 68407
30312 Alvo Rd, Murdock, Nebraska 68407
9014 310th St, Murdock, Nebraska 68407
28008 Mill Road, Murdock, Nebraska 68407