Cedar Creek

www.cedarcreeknebraska.com

Cedar Creek, named for cedar trees growing along its banks, empties into the Platte River 13 miles west of Plattsmouth.  In 1861, just 7 years after Nebraska was opened for settlement, John Inhelder, an immigrant from Switzerland, purchased 520 acres of Cass County land and set aside 40 acres for the development of a new town “Inhelder Station.”  Today, with a population of near 400 year around residents and over 1000 summer residents, Cedar Creek is a flourishing river resort with five private lakes, a post office, village hall/fire station, and several restaurants.