124 East D Street
Contact: Bonnie Brewer
Hours: Open Memorial Day, Veterans Day, and other scheduled times throughout the year. Always open by appointment at other times – just contact us.
Built in 1886 by Civil War Veterans, the Grand Army of the Republic (G.A.R.) Hall is owned by American Legion 247 and now houses the Elmwood G.A.R. Hall Veterans Museum. At one time there were more than 100 G.A.R. Halls in the state, today this is one of only 4 remaining. The museum has many displays of local veterans and is honored to play this role in helping to preserve the history of Elmwood.